Welcome to Kingfishers!
Kingfishers is our year 3 class, taught by Miss Hudson and we are based in the Riverbank pavilion.
We enjoy a creative approach to the curriculum where all of the children’s needs are catered for. Our National Curriculum subjects are linked to one area of study. This is closely linked to Forest School and Outdoor Learning sessions.
In Kingfishers class children continue to develop the skill of working independently and children are encouraged to find things out for themselves and to challenge and extend their ideas.
The children learn through high quality classroom based activities. We link our learning objectives to our termly themes and the children immerse themselves in their learning.
Our Autumn term topic is Rainforests (including the Americas) and is geography based. We will study the continent of North America during the first half term followed by South America and the Rainforests.
Please click on the link to access the curriculum overview for the Autumn term: Kingfishers Autumn Term
Some important information:
- Homework – The children will bring home a learning log each Friday and it must be turned in by the following Wednesday. This will contain a variety of work each week linked to the learning in class. There will be English, Maths plus occasional topic based learning activities.
- Spelling – The children will bring home a spelling book. Each week new spellings will be entered. Please make sure children practice their spellings regularly. Children will be tested on Fridays.
- Times Tables – The children will bring home a times table book. The times table entered in the book will be the one they need to practice that week. Times tables activities take place in class on a Friday.
- Reading Books – Each child has a reading folder which contains a reading book and reading record. These need to come to school every day. Please listen to your child read regularly and record page numbers and comments in the reading record.
- Forest School – Kingfishers have sessions on a Monday afternoon. Please make sure children have wellies and waterproofs in school at all times as well as a warm weather alternative, long sleeve top and trousers/leggings.
- Children have PE on a Tuesday – The children need to bring their PE kit in with them so they may get changed at school.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me.